The 5 Best Power Wheels for Toddlers Reviewed
Power wheels are among the most popular toys children want as presents. These realistic car-like toys allow kids to pretend they’re adults. They can drive around and mimic grown-ups’ actions and feel like they’re driving an authentic vehicle.
These toys are not cheap. The quality and reliability vary from brand to brand. You will want to make sure the ride-on toy is worth the money and also safe for your toddler.
With the market for power wheels being quite overwhelming, we have rounded up the five best power wheels for toddlers to help you.
Best Power Wheels for Toddlers
This sports-themed power wheel ride is a replica of the life-size Jeep Wrangler. It is battery-powered and suitable for children aged three and above.
There is no need to worry about buying new batteries, as it comes with a 12-volt rechargeable battery pack.
It isn’t just a ride; toddlers can play soccer, basketball, and baseball too with the hoops and attached net. These are easy to detach and attach if you want just the toy car instead of the additional features. Although, we guarantee all children will love the multi-functional features.
The power wheels even have a pretend radio that boasts car-like sounds. So toddlers can drive around feeling like they are truly driving a car.
The ride’s maximum speed is 5 mph when driven forwards and 2.5 mph in reverse. The ride cannot pick up immense speed, so you can chase after your toddler if they have too much fun and wish to drive away.
It comes equipped with power lock brakes and parental control features for extra security.
Power wheels vary in size, this one has a maximum capacity of two small children. The weight load capacity is up to 130 pounds, which is ideal for two toddlers.
- Sports-themed, battery-powered ride-on vehicle with a practice net and 3 toy balls for soccer, baseball and football play
- Realistic Jeep Wrangler styling with sporty graphics and details, plus pretend radio with fun game-day and driving sounds
- Vehicle drives on hard surfaces and grass at max. speed 5 mph forward, 2.5 mph reverse
- Power-Lock brakes and parent-controlled, high-speed lock out
- For kids ages 3-7 years. Seats 2, max. weight 130 lbs
The Best Choice Kids Ride On Truck is a super cool power wheel toy for all children above the age of 3 years.
It is powered by a 12-volt rechargeable battery and fun traction tires that can handle most terrains. Of course, your toddler will not drive on the road, but these are easy to handle around the garden or local park. You can keep a close eye on your toddler when they are driving around or ensure you have the parent controller with you so you can stop the vehicle if you need to.
The parental control even allows you to completely control the car and drive your toddler backward or forwards for ultimate fun. Or, your child can drive themselves manually. The maximum speed is 2.8 mph, so you can guarantee your toddler will be safe and never out of sight.
This ride-on truck will satisfy all children with its LED headlights and grid windshield. For your peace of mind, the Best Choice Truck comes with an adjustable seatbelt and lockable doors.
For ultimate fun, you or your child can play their favorite music through the AUX outlet. Plus, the ride-on truck comes with spring-loaded suspension, which replicates a real car.
- FOR KIDS 37 MONTHS & OLDER: This small yet powerful ride-on is perfect for your little racers who want to start driving like the grownups do!
- POWERFUL 12V & REALISTIC DESIGN: Adjustable seatbelt, bright LED headlights, lockable doors, and grid windshield for off-road style, with a 12V motor and traction tires to ride on different terrains
- MANUAL AND PARENT CONTROL: Let your child drive manually or use the remote control to safely guide them yourself; remote has forward/reverse controls
- SAFE & DURABLE: Includes plastic wheels that will never deflate, plus a spring suspension system and safe, 2.8mph max speed for smooth rides on outdoor adventures
- CONNECT YOUR MUSIC: A built-in AUX outlet allows kids to plug in media devices to drive while jamming to their own selection of music; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 39.25"(L) x 26"(W) x 26"(H); Weight Capacity: 61 lbs.
For something a little more sporty, the Kid Trax Caterpillar Toddler Electric Ride On Toy replicates a real-life Caterpillar quadbike/ATV.
Although it’s sporty, it is safe with a maximum speed of 2.5 mph, which is slower than other models on the market. It is ideal for 3 to 5-year-olds as its size can fit a toddler up to 60 pounds.
Its rubber traction strip tires are suitable for any terrain, even over small rocks and uphill. The ride-on heavy-duty toy comes with an adjustable seatbelt so that your toddler will be safe, no matter the terrain they want to drive on.
A 6-volt rechargeable battery powers the Kid Trax Caterpillar Ride-On. So, your toddler can enjoy all-day fun so long as there is a plug nearby to charge the battery when it runs out.
It is kitted out with super fun features that all toddlers will feel cool driving around. It has real LED headlights, forward and reverses capabilities, and authentic engine and horn sound. These features are sure to take playtime to a new level.
With its limited capacity and small size, it is only suitable for a solo rider. But as a parent, you can be sure your toddler is safe as it’s fairly slow, so the toddler cannot ride off.
- Little construction workers in training will love this authentically-styled CAT ATV, Sits one rider between 3 and 5 years old, with a maxium weight limit of 60 lbs.
- Working LED headlights will light up the driveway, Realistic horn and engine sounds take playtime to the next level
- Real foot pedal acceleration creates a lifelike driving experience
- Goes in forward and reverse at 2.5 MPH for maneuvering through tight spaces
- Comes with a 6-volt rechargeable battery and wall charger so the fun never has to stop
If you are looking for a tiny toddler’s power wheels, the Kid Trax Paw Patrol Quad Electric is suitable for toddlers as young as 18-months old.
Its maximum weight is 44 pounds, so it is ideal for a child up to that weight which will typically be around 3 years old. The fun Nickelodeon Paw Patrol design is great for toddlers who love the show.
Instead of being in the style of a car, this ride-on toy replicates a quadbike. This means it is only suitable for solo riders.
For maximum safety for a toddler as young as 18 months, the top speed is 2 mph. There is no reverse speed available, so you can be sure your child will stay by your side when they are riding around on their fun toy.
The Kid Trax brand always ensures to fit their ride-on toys with rubber traction wheels for a smooth and secure ride. The fun never needs to stop as its 6-volt battery is rechargeable in a short space of time.
The Paw Patrol Electric Quad is ideal for young toddlers as their first-ever power wheel toy.
- Unique Paw Patrol DESIGN featuring your child's favorite characters. Seats one rider, ages 18 - 30 months, with a maximum weight of 44 lbs.
- Easy push button acceleration is simple for little ones to operate.
- Goes forward at 2 mph. Reverse speed feature is not available
- Power Trax rubber traction strip tires keep the ride smooth and steady.
- Includes 6-volt rechargeable battery and charger so the fun never has to stop for long.
If your toddler wants a power wheel that replicates a motorbike, the Best Choice Ride-On Motorcycle is an ideal option. Unlike a real motorbike, the Best Choice toy comes with 3 wheels for maximum safety and stability. For additional safety, its plastic body is durable and made with non-toxic materials.
Any toddler age 3 to 6, with a maximum weight of 44 pounds, can enjoy riding this fun power wheel motorcycle around the garden or the local park.
It is vibrant in design and comes with cool decal stickers, LED lights, music, and a horn. Its feature almost replicates a real motorcycle but instead of being super-fast, this ride-on maxes out at 2 mph. It will satisfy all parents as it is almost ready to use out of the box.
Similar to a real motorcycle, the motorcycle comes with storage under the seat so that your toddler can carry around their favorite toys for day-long fun.
It will feel almost realistic to drive as it comes with a gear-shift feature, that instead of changing gear, will change the direction the motorcycle moves in. The option is to either go forward or backward.
No products found.
What To Look For When Buying Power Wheels
Here are the top things to consider when looking for the best power wheels toy for your toddler.
- Passenger and the weight capacity: all power wheels will vary for passenger and weight capacity. If you have two toddlers that want to use the ride together, a two-seater car will be ideal. Or, if your toddler loves motorbikes, a solo seat motorcycle ride-on will be best. There is always a maximum weight capacity, so look out for that to ensure it is suitable for your child.
Reliability: for a safe ride that offers endless fun, make sure the ride-on comes with a rechargeable battery. Not only will it save you time, but it will save you money. With a plug nearby, your toddler can enjoy day-long fun.
Traction ability: you will want to ensure the ride-on has tough rubber wheels that can adhere to all terrains. Smooth wheels will not offer enough traction and may not be safe on wet surfaces.
In summary, ride-on power wheels can be expensive, but you will make sure to get the best product for your money and satisfy your toddler with enough research. Electric ride-on power wheels with rechargeable batteries will mean the vehicle can be used whenever if charged. Having safe tires and a secure frame will maximize the safety for the sake of your toddler. Some come with parental controls, which means you can control the ride and stop in case of emergency. With the right features in place, your toddler can enjoy all the fun they desire on their cool power wheel ride.